High blood pressure, also called HBP or hypertension, can be controlled with regular foot massage. Studies have also found that foot refloxology may help reduce systolic blood pressure and triglyceride.
2. Promotes Better Sleep
- One of the benefits of foot reflexology is regular good sleep. A soothing and relaxing foot massage will help the body unwind, improve blood circulation and relax the nerves. These in turn will encourage restful sleep.
3. Fights Depression
- According to a popular Journal called Reflexology Therapy, foot massage through reflexology slippers, provides consolation, helping people to balance the need of stress and demands of daily life.
4. Relieves Aches and Pains
- Foot reflexology also helps alleviate backaches. Schedule at least a 30-minute walk using reflexology slippers daily. Also, massage the soles and tops of your feet.
If you have neck pain, then walk for 5 minutes at a stretch wearing acupressure footwear firmly and soon the pain will vanish.
Reflexology slippers reduce pain and swelling in the ankle and help you get relief from headaches and migraines if used regularly for a daily 30-minute walk.
To relieve thigh pain or lower back pain, apply pressure by wearing reflexology slippers for few minutes, to soothe the nerve tendons between the outer ankle bone and the Achilles tendon.
5. Eases PMS and Menopause Symptoms
Many older women suffer from classic symptoms of sadness, irritability, insomnia, bloating, fatigue, headaches and mood swings during premenstrual syndrome (PMS).
These can be treated by reflexology slippers. Even symptoms of menopause like depression, knee aches and hot flashes can be effectively healed with acupressure foot wear.
6. Cure Restless Leg Syndrome
- One of the benefits of acupressure footwear is curing restless leg syndrome, a kind of neurological disorder. Restless leg syndrome may cause problem sleeping, due to uncanny sensations like throbbing, pulling and the tendency to move your legs. Acupressure sandals put adequate pressure on the precise nerve points, which is the origin of pain. Reflexology sandals ensure regular blood supply to all your nerve endings, making your legs flexible and healthy.
7. Relief from the exhausting fatigue
- Even physical ailments like cancer can be cured, through an acupressure footwear massage. A committed team of Swedish researchers have recently found that reflexology was able to provide relief from the exhausting fatigue that so many people with multiple sclerosis suffer from.
8. Improves Blood Circulation
- Due to sedentary lifestyles, most of us do not use the muscles of our feet properly. Also, improper footwear like tight shoes hamper normal circulation in the feet.
9. Helps You Relax
- After a long tiring day, the best way to relax is a soothing and relaxing foot massage, particularly after walking around when our feet tend to swell up.
10. Makes Feet Healthier
- One easy way to keep your feet healthy and free from all kinds of foot problems is a regular foot massage. It helps stimulate the muscles around your feet, lessens stiffness and even reduces pain in the ankles or the heels.
Plus, a short 5-minute foot massage daily will make your ankles strong and flexible, thus preventing unpleasant ankle and foot injuries.